Last week, Kabbee hosted an industry roundtable which brought together some of the most influential names in the private hire & taxi sector to discuss the proposed Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ) in London. The roundtable attendees discussed the implications of ULEZ on the industry and the benefits it will bring to those living and working in London, as recent figures claim that 1,300 Londoners have died prematurely due to poor air pollution.
- Justin Peters, Founder and CEO Kabbee
- Phil Makinson, Kabbee Co-Founder
- Steve McNamara, General Manager, LTDA
- Dr Remo Gerber, UK CEO, Gett
- Michael Galvin, Head of Industry Public Affairs, Addison Lee
- Ian Mihajlovic, COO and Co-Founder, Thriev
- Selina Talukdar, Project Officer, Zero Emissions Network (Tower Hamlets)
- Patrick Donnelly, Senior Project Officer, Zero Emissions Network (Hackney Council)
- Donata MacCrossan, Business Development Manager, eConnect Cars
- Chair – Lisa Malyon
The agenda points for the discussion were as follows:
- What the ultra-low emission zone will mean for the London’s minicab and taxi businesses
- How realistic the 2020 ambitions are
- Supply and demand of zero-emission vehicles today and in the future
- Financial support for minicab and taxi businesses to promote and support change
- What the government is doing to support the minicab taxi industry
Based on the roundtable outcome, Kabbee will submit a whitepaper to TfL with its recommendations on the steps Boris Johnson should take in the run up to the launch of ULEZ in 2020. Kabbee will speak on behalf of all Londoners.
Want to know more about what matters to Kabbee, or want to suggest a good topic for discussion? – we’d love to hear from you! Email us at Kabbee@sensecommunications.co.uk
Check back to see the whitepaper once it has been submitted!
The Kabbee Team