After such a relaxing Christmas and New Year break, getting to work on Monday (5th Jan) is going to be hard enough, without….wait for it…..bus strikes. “Noooooo” we hear you cry.
Due to dispute over pay, buses on a 23 routes in East, Central and West London will not be running, leaving commuters to find other ways to get to work. The strike is planned between 00:01 and 23:59 and will also affect some services operating on Monday night into the early hours of Tuesday 6 January, too.
So, will you be affected?
Routes likely to be affected include:
- 23 (24 hour route) – Liverpool Street to Westbourne Park
- 25 (24 hour route) – Oxford Circus to Ilford
- 26 – Waterloo to Hackney Wick
- 28 – Kensal Rise to Wandsworth
- 30 – Hackney Wick to Marble Arch
- 31 – Camden Town to White City
- 58 – East Ham to Walthamstow Central
- 70 – Acton to South Kensington
- 236 – Finsbury Park to Hackney Wick
- 266 (24 hour route) – Brent Cross Shopping Centre to Hammersmith
- 295 (24 hour route) – Ladbroke Grove to Clapham Junction
- 308 – Wanstead to Clapton
- 328 – Golders Green to Chelsea
- 339 – Leytonstone to Shadwell
- 425 – Clapton to Stratford
- N26 – Trafalgar Square to Chingford
- N28 – Camden Town to Wandsworth
- N31 – Camden Town to Clapham Junction
- N550 – Trafalgar Square to Canning Town
- N551 – Piccadilly Circus to Galleons Reach
- RV1 – Covent Garden to Tower Gateway
- W14 – Leyton to Woodford Bright
- W15 – Cogan Avenue Estate to Hackney Town Hall
To read more about the strike, please click here.
Kabbee to the rescue
We thought we’d let you know now, so you can be organised and pre-book a licensed minicab, or arrange another route to work. You might want to alert your nearest and dearest colleagues too, to save them rocking up late on day one in the office of 2015. If you share your dedicated in-app referral code with anyone who is going to struggle, you and them will benefit from £10 Kabbee credit too! Sweet. Every cloud has a silver lining.
Happy New Year, London!
The Kabbee Team