Ahead of London coming to a standstill on Wednesday, we thought we’d explain to our lovely users what it’s all about, and what you can do to ‘protest-proof’ your day.
On Wednesday 11th June, 15,000 black cabs will protest by parking up in London’s Trafalgar Square from 2pm, with the aim to cause gridlock in London and its surrounding areas. They’re protesting about a decision TFL has recently made regarding a particular minicab app that they feel isn’t playing by the rules.
Kabbee’s top tips to ‘protest-proof’ your day
- Have a chat with your boss casually drop in the suggestion of working from home….if that’s not going to happen, read on…..
- Multiply normal commute time by 3 – that’s how long it’s going to take to get in and out of London
- Don’t rely on your normal mode of transport – we’ve all seen what happens when a leaf is dropped into a line of ants….just as ants do, us Londoners panic. Every carriage, bus stop, tube train will be packed out (even more than normal)
- Book ahead – by booking in advance via Kabbee, you’ll have a better chance of getting a minicab to your destination. It may take a bit longer, but it’ll get you there!
- With more demand, and less supply (due to busier roads), the cost of minicabs may increase, so be sure to book via Kabbee and get the best fixed price available (that way you don’t pay for sitting in traffic)
Check in to our social media channels throughout the day – we’ll be sharing live updates on how London is affected!