Kabbee has conducted a study on a thousand people living in the UK, which revealed that Brits aren’t off on their holidays until they get to the airport. Filling in a holiday request form at work, or packing our suitcase no longer gives us Brits that ‘holiday feeling’.
Helping hundreds of thousands of travellers get the best minicab fares to and from London’s five airports each year, Kabbee was keen to understand when that all-important holiday feeling really kicked in. Here’s a summary of the results, based on when Brits get that holiday feeling:
- Around one in five British holidaymakers said it was when the cab arrived to take them to the airport (17%)
- Almost a quarter of holidaymakers said it was arriving at the airport with plenty of time to spare that gave them that bye-bye Britain buzz (23%).
- The younger the holidaymakers, the earlier the buzz begins, with 23 percent of all 25-34 year olds saying their holiday begins when they turn off their emails and leave work, compared to just 16 percent of those aged 35-44 saying it’s not until they get to the airport that they can let their hair down (23%).
Remember, you can book your cab to the airport up to three months in advance – you’ll also get double miles for all airport journey with Kabbee’s loyalty programme!
Here’s how you can earn miles:
- Every £1 spent = 1 mile
- Referring friends that make their first booking with Kabbee = 10 miles
- Choosing an executive car: £1 = 2 miles
- Travelling to or from the airport: £1 = 2 miles
The Kabbee Team