Apart from babies, what else is left behind in minicabs?
Kabbee reveals the top five items passengers leave behind
After hearing today’s news about the baby left on the back seat of a black cab, Kabbee, London’s leading licensed minicab app took it upon itself to find out what other items are regularly left behind in the back of minicabs.
The quick poll of Kabbee’s busiest minicabs fleets across London revealed the top five items that are left behind, they are:
1) Mobile phones
Every month thousands of minicabs across London are booked via the Kabbee app, so it’s vital that its hundreds of thousands of users feel assured they will enjoy the ride, each, and every, time, and leave with all their belongings.
Finn Geraghty, Kabbee’s Head of Fleet Performance, comments on the top five items found by fleets: “The moment a passenger gets into a minicab, they put a great amount of trust in that driver. At Kabbee, we encourage all minicab drivers to remind passengers to check the back seat before the passenger leaves the vehicle, in the hope that no items, or children are left behind.
“Jokes aside, we put all licensed minicab firms through a tough 30-point check before they can provide quotes via the app – and one of them is to ensure they have a full and accurate lost property folder, so that in event that an item is left behind, it can be returned to its owner.”
Duncan Blackett Fleet Manager of Greater London Cars – a fleet on the Kabbee platform comments: “It’s actually quite shocking to hear about some of the items left in the back of cars – a big one is scarves and gloves in the colder months, but we’ve seen boxes of chocolates, and lingerie on a few occasions too.”
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at Kabbee@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an iPhone, Android and Blackberry 10 app and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from 70 leading London fleets – based on time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had around 400,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.